Re: Looking for a Better Way to Spend Your Vacation? Volunteer with Tieme Ndo!
To young agriculture enthusiasts,
To young agriculture enthusiasts, Tieme Ndo, a thriving agribusiness startup in Nandom, is looking to recruit volunteers (especially, people from Upper West) to help organize its 4th Annual Farmers’ Forum. This opportunity is for people interested in getting practical experience in working with farmers or a social enterprise. To apply to volunteer at Tieme Ndo 4th Annual Farmers’ Forum in Nandom.
The farmers’ forum is an annual event organized by Tieme Ndo every year to celebrate its farmers for their hard work and collaborative efforts to fight hunger and poverty. The theme for this year’s forum is Climate Change, a Threat to Rural Households Food Security and Income: Accelerating the Adoption of Climate-Smart Farm Inputs and Practices by Rural Farmers. This would be an opportunity for agricultural enthusiasts to listen to the stories and performances for this year’s cropping season. You will also get to some of our farmers who were recognized as the best farmers (the overall best farmer and the second runner up) in the Nandom Municipality during the National Farmers’ Day Celebration,. The program is scheduled for Monday 21st December 2020.
Details about the volunteer role
This role is to evaluate and assess farmers’ performance for the 2020 farming season and Tieme Ndo’s impact on their lives. The results of the assessment will be presented to farmers and other stakeholders in the Nandom Municipality. This role will officially start on 14th December 2020 and will require your physical presence in Nandom within that period. Below are the tasks involved:
- Travel to communities to interview farmers
- Data collection and analysis
- Profile farmers’ success stories
- Event planning and management
- Developing new strategies for improvement
- Develop market insights
- You do not have to be an agriculture student
- Ability to speak either Dagaare or Waali
- Familiar with basic technology such as Microsoft Word, excel, google docs etc
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with little or no supervision
- Willingness to travel to Nandom from 14 to 21st December
- You should have a high interest in agriculture or interest in working with rural people or you are just willing to try new things
- Acquire new skills and experience in agriculture, social enterprise sector and working with rural people
- Possibility to identify a business opportunity or a social intervention project and receive guidance thereof to launch your own
- High chance of securing internships or job opportunities with Tieme Ndo
- Get recommendations for future career opportunities. We will also share job opportunities and scholarship opportunities with you. Further assist you through the application process
- Assist you to develop your CV to incorporate this volunteer role onto your CV creatively
Do you feel like this opportunity speaks to you?Then Apply Here.
Applications are open now until 30th November before 11:55pm GMT
Note: The following will be provided
- Transportation to Nandom and back to your home (only volunteers outside of Nandom)
- Transportation to commute between communities
Accommodation for people outside Nandom
- Two (2) meals for people coming to stay in Nandom and lunch for people from Nandom