Opportunity to Empower Smallholder Farmers – Apply to Join Our Team as an Agronomist
Tieme Ndo, a thriving agribusiness startup in Nandom, is looking for an Agronomist for a full time employment role in the organisation. To apply for this opportunity, you should have a high interest in agriculture or working with rural folks.
Tieme Ndo was founded in 2017 with the sole mission to transform all rural farmers to agriprenuers in Africa. To this end, Tieme Ndo has impacted more 1000 rural farmers by increasing their access to fertilizers, seeds, weedicides and other farm inputs at the time they need them most. Tieme Ndo has also held workshops to train farmers on Good Agriculture Practice (GAP). Tieme Ndo is a partner with Distribution Prize Foundation in San Francisco and Ford Foundation (in collaboration with Ashesi University).
This role requires your physical presence in Nandom. You should be fluent in Dagaare/Waali and English. The main functions of this role are:
- Design and Implement Training Programs
- Develop training manuals on Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and climate smart agriculture
- Train farmers, visit their farms to advise and assist them implement GAP
- Train group executives (Trainer of Trainees) and retailers on GAP
- Coordinate Tieme Ndo’s launch into new markets (e.g, communities, districts and regions)
- Identify and profile communities that will benefit from Tieme Ndo’s prackages
- Assess market potential of such communities, sensitize and recruit farmers
- Identify and recruit channel partners such as retailers and group executives
- Collection and Monitoring
- Collection and tracking of farmers loan repayment
- Facilitate the distribution of farm inputs to farmers
- Join farmer group meetings to monitor, listen, advise and disseminate necessary information
Eligibility and Requirement:
- Ability to speak Dagaare or Waali and English. Twi will be a plus
- Minimum requirement is HND or degree in agricultural extension or agronomy
- Age between 20 and 30
- Familiar with basic IT skills such as Microsoft word, excel, google docs etc
- Self-starter and business minded
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- At least 1year experience in providing extension services
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Problem solving and can-do spirit
All interested persons should forward their 1-page resume and 1-page cover letter to email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 15th February, 2019.
We are looking forward to reading your applications. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us 1 week after the deadline consider your application unsuccessful.
Good day, We are a local NGO which operate in wa municipal and want west. We have farmers groups. How can we get your support for our farmers in the area of agric inputs and human resource.
Hello Suleman Yahaya,
Thank you for your message. I will contact you shortly to talk more about it.
You can call me on 0203513912
WhatsApp me on 0201098340
Please I’m a graduate that has this idea for a long time ago. I fully want to go into agric specifically poultry farming in the upper west region. Thank you
I am glad to hear you are interested in agriculture.
What course dis you study?
What are you currently doing?
What will you want us to do for you.
Please I studied industrial Art but going into is my dream from day up to now. I’m currently not employed and just want to engage myself in agriculture
Great Rafiq. Agriculture is the new gold mine. Just go in and start mining. Read more about the sector and focus on a particular aspect you are interested in.
I wish you all the best.
Great post !